Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blue Corn Fried Seitan

Yesterday I had an adventure in the kitchen. First, I began my weekly homemade seitan ritual. Then I had a vision. Back in my early days as a vegan, when I was still in high school, my favorite meal was Fried Seitan, a recipe I found in the very Peta2 booklet that led me to become vegan. So I decided to take my old school favorite, and spice it up a bit, literally. Unfortunately, I was afraid of going overboard and accidently under-did the heat. However, they still came out great! A little on the oily side, I usually fry with sunflower oil but I was out, so I used what I had on hand- grapeseed, which as I understand is actually good for frying because it has a really high smoke point. Any-who, I was pleased with the results and will surely make them again soon. Look out for updates! :D


Blue Corn Fried Seitan

1 pound seitan
1 cup blue corn meal
1/2 cup brown rice flour
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 Tbsp. buffalo wing sauce
3 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. baking powder
oil for frying


Combine corn meal, rice flour, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl.
In another bowl dilute buffalo sauce with water.
Add 1/4 cup of dry mix to sauce and combine.
Add baking powder to dry mix.
Dip seitan pieces in sauce mixture, then dip into dry ingredients.
Fry until a dark golden color.

Unknown  – (March 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM)  

So many item have arranged for Muslimah. I think this blog help many Muslim women to prepare tasty food. The name this recipe is "Blue Corn Fried Seitan", but its not looks blue :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP